Train Wreck Comedy
Crashing at pubs, theatres and private events for over 11 years.
What started as an open mic comedy show in March of 2010 with more comedians than audience members, has turned into a professional comedy show that features some of the top comedians performing today. Hey, I am Rob Balsdon and I can’t thank Okanagan Valley comedy fans enough for allowing me to share my passion for stand-up comedy with them.
When the Yuk Yuks On Tour comedy venue in Kelowna closed in 2010, there was nowhere I could practice my routine, at a time when my professional comedy career was just starting to take off. I was fresh off opening for former SNL cast member Norm MacDonald in Kelowna and was about to do opening spots for Gerry Dee (Mr. D) and Brent Butt (Corner Gas) and I needed an amateur night where I could practice. That’s when I started Train Wreck Comedy in Kelowna and it’s also why it’s called Train Wreck Comedy. Many locals joined me on stage and before I knew it, we had a weekly show for six years. I had no idea at the time that it would turn into something so big, fun and successful. By time it did, it was too late to change the name, it was already established.
Now, Train Wreck Comedy can be found throughout the Okanagan Valley at theatres, pubs and clubs, and private events featuring some of the best comedians working today! I couldn’t have done this without all of the support from the local comedy community. Please, sign-up as a TWC-VIP and help me continue to grow Train Wreck Comedy into one of the top comedy companies in Canada!
- Sips and Giggles with Tim NuttJune 3, 2022 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Big Daddy Tazz at Sunset RanchJune 16, 2022 7:45 pm - 9:15 pm
- John Wing in Salmon ArmSeptember 22, 2022 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- John Wing – Creekside Comedy SeriesSeptember 23, 2022 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- James Mullinger – Creekside Comedy SeriesNovember 18, 2022 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- James Mullinger in Salmon ArmNovember 19, 2022 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm